October 2016 Apache Tomcat Vulnerabilities in NetApp Products
This advisory should be considered the single source of current, up-to-date, authorized and accurate information from NetApp.
Advisory ID: NTAP-20180605-0001 Version: 1.0 Last updated: 06/05/2018 Status: Final. CVEs: CVE-2016-5018, CVE-2016-6796, CVE-2016-6797, CVE-2016-6794, CVE-2016-0762
Multiple NetApp products incorporate Apache Tomcat. Apache Tomcat versions 6.0 below 6.0.47, 7.0 below 7.0.72, 8.0 below 8.0.37, 8.5 below 8.5.5, and 9.0 below 9.0.0.M10 are susceptible to vulnerabilities which when successfully exploited could result in information disclosure or unauthorized reading or modification of data.
Successful exploitation of these vulnerabilities could result in information disclosure or unauthorized reading or modification of data.
Vulnerability Scoring Details
Exploitation and Public Announcements
NetApp is aware of public discussion of this vulnerability.
- OnCommand Insight
- OnCommand Shift
- Snap Creator Framework
Products Not Affected
- 7-Mode Transition Tool
- ATTO FibreBridge
- Brocade Fabric Operating System Firmware
- Brocade Network Advisor Software
- Clustered Data ONTAP
- Clustered Data ONTAP Antivirus Connector
- Data ONTAP operating in 7-Mode
- E-Series SANtricity Management Plug-ins (VMware vCenter)
- E-Series SANtricity Storage Manager
- E-Series SANtricity Web Services (REST API) for Web Services Proxy
- FAS/AFF BIOS
- Host Utilities - SAN for Linux
- Host Utilities - SAN for Windows
- MetroCluster Tiebreaker for clustered Data ONTAP
- NetApp Cloud Backup (formerly AltaVault)
- NetApp Cloud Backup OST Plug-in (formerly AltaVault OST Plug-in)
- NetApp Manageability SDK
- NetApp NFS Plug-in for VMware VAAI
- NetApp Plug-in for Symantec NetBackup
- NetApp SANtricity SMI-S Provider
- NetApp SMI-S Provider
- NetApp Service Level Manager
- NetApp SolidFire & HCI Storage Node (Element Software)
- NetApp Storage Encryption
- NetApp VASA Provider for Clustered Data ONTAP 7.2 and above
- ONTAP Select Deploy administration utility
- OnCommand API Services
- OnCommand Cloud Manager
- OnCommand System Manager 9.x
- OnCommand Unified Manager for 7-Mode (core package)
- OnCommand Workflow Automation
- Open Systems SnapVault Agent
- RAID Controller CTS2600 Legacy Engenio
- Service Processor
- Single Mailbox Recovery
- SnapDrive for Unix
- SnapDrive for Windows
- SnapManager for Exchange
- SnapManager for Hyper-V
- SnapManager for MS SQL
- SnapManager for Oracle
- SnapManager for SAP
- SnapManager for Sharepoint
- Storage Replication Adapter for Clustered Data ONTAP for VMware vSphere 7.2 and above
- Storage Services Connector
- StorageGRID (formerly StorageGRID Webscale)
- StorageGRID Webscale NAS Bridge
- StorageGRID9 (9.x and prior)
- System Setup
- Virtual Storage Console for VMware vSphere 7.2 and above
Software Versions and Fixes
NetApp's currently available patches are listed below.
|Product||First Fixed in Release|
OnCommand Shift has no plans to address this vulnerability. See the EOA announcement for more information.
|Snap Creator Framework||
None at this time.
Obtaining Software Fixes
Software fixes will be made available through the NetApp Support website in the Software Download section.
Customers who do not have access to the Support website should contact Technical Support at the number below to obtain the patches.
Check http://mysupport.netapp.com for further updates.
For questions, contact NetApp at:
1 888 4 NETAPP (1 888 463 8277) (U.S. and Canada)
+00 800 44 638277 (EMEA/Europe)
+800 800 80 800 (Asia/Pacific)
Status of This Notice
This advisory is posted at the following link:
|1.0||20180605||Initial Public Release, Final status|
This document is provided solely for informational purposes. All information is based upon NetApp’s current knowledge and understanding of the hardware and software products tested by NetApp, and the methodology and assumptions used by NetApp. NetApp is not responsible for any errors or omissions that may be contained herein, and no warranty, representation, or other legal commitment or obligation is being provided by NetApp. © 2017 NetApp, Inc. All rights reserved. No portions of this document may be reproduced without prior written consent of NetApp, Inc.